Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Book 1- The Treasure of Skull Island





It is not a regular mystery novel but very similar to  the game you might have played or heard of ‘Treasure Hunt’. During my childhood it used to be a popular game in several birthday parties, where treasure was always a box of chocolate. Only the first three chapters of the book are in sequence, where the author introduces main characters, rest of the book the reader has to read back and forth. At  the end of each chapter the reader has two or more options to choose from.
Excerpts from the book, at the end of chapter three - ‘Now... should I tell him to land at Shark Bay? Turn to 24.Or Needle Rocks? Turn to 17.Or Quickish Sands? Turn to 33.’
Depending on the clues given at the end of   chapter 3, I skipped to Chapter 24.The objective is   to help the hero find the treasure chest. If you   are not attentive reader and miss the hidden clues while reading the protagonist will never find the treasure or may even end up dead
Being into writing I know how much skill and effort is required to write even a small article leave alone the entire book. But this is no ordinary book , here each and every reader can carve out his own story. I find the word end written after so many chapters throughout the book.The path I took chapter1-> chapter2-> chapter3-> chapter32-> chapter12-> chapter37-> chapter4-> chapter27- >chapter 50y
I had a close finish; unluckily 50y had the fake treasure chest. The right option was 50z. Reading this book was a very unique experience for me. It was the first book I ever read of this genre. It kept me  glued, reading word by word as skip reading won’t help. The book cannot be described as a page turner in literal sense, as we have to turn several pages at a time as the story unfolds. One needs to be really   attentive while reading, as the clues are hidden in between lines and accordingly you need to proceed. Though,I found this book in children section of the city library, I presume each one of us will enjoy reading it. 

This is the first post on Book series. Here I will review books which I find really  interesting and  inspiring. My  blog reader can also contribute to this  series.

No comments:

Post a Comment