Thursday, April 14, 2016

Flora 1 - Cherry Blossom



Cherry blossom tree is found everywhere blooming in March and April, the onset of spring in Luxembourg. It is too windy and rainy here; the delicate and beautiful flowers do not stay for long. If you happen to sit under a cherry blossom tree and a whiff of air drifts by the flowers come down as shower of blessings.

As a child, Cherry Blossom for me was shoe polish because of the daily drill for twelve long years one needs to do while attending school. I was awe stuck by trees with beautiful pink and white blossoms, once I arrived in US of A and later came to know it is cherry blossom tree, the national tree of Japan.

In Europe and Luxembourg in particular there is ample flora but little fauna. So in this series I will contribute flowers, plants and trees which I come across. Few I recognize and relate to; rest I  research and make it a point to at least find the name. The trees here are mostly found in higher altitudes of Indian Himalayas, my native place so I recognize few of them but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment