Sunday, March 27, 2016

Daylight Saving Time - 27th March, 2016


It was showing 8:27am on my phone, when I woke up today morning. But when I glanced farther, the clock was still few minutes shy of 7:30. At once it struck me the clock needs to move forward. With the advent of internet, devices like phone, tablets, and computers reset the daylight saving time automatically. But clocks and watches need to be set manually.
It is almost a decade when I was enlightened about the concept of Daylight saving time in US of A, how the clocks move forward by an hour in spring and again back in autumn just before the onset of winters. Back in India it never happens, though it may result in huge energy saving. It will be like an earth hour daily as people will finish their day chores an hour early.
In Luxembourg and many other developed countries DST is applied on the last Sunday of March and clocks are reset on the last Sunday of October. During peak summers usually in July/August the sun shines brightly even after 9pm.
My body clock takes a while to adjust .Initially for couple of weeks, I feel extremely sleepy and lethargic by afternoon, just because I will be getting up an hour early. So power nap helps. One hour does make a difference, though I rarely sleep during afternoons.
Follow the KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) principle and always remember the DST changes –
Spring ahead and Fall (Autumn) back.

No comments:

Post a Comment