Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg - My Impressions



It's been exactly a year & half since I shifted to Luxembourg. Before coming here one of my friend whose husband was on a business trip to Luxembourg told me that "Luxembourg is like a modern village". Honestly her statement irked me as what I read about Luxembourg was that it is one of the richest countries in the world & is the world’s only remaining grand duchy. However after staying here I can say that it is not a very glitzy place to brag about instead it's a wonderful blend of modern & classic.

The first lesson I learnt when I came to Luxembourg was "language is the road map of a culture" and if you don't know their language you cannot become part of their culture & society. So enrol yourself in a language class as soon as you come here and trust me it's not an easy road to follow as Luxembourg has three official languages but look at the brighter side living in Luxembourg is like living in four countries as you can easily travel to France Germany or Belgium within an hour of driving.

Gloomy doomy skies can lead to gloomy doomy moods so learn to love cloud and rain if you are staying in Luxembourg. I am still learning to do that.

Mostly people are kind and helpful. My neighbour threw my garbage twice without telling me and on a Christmas holiday my owner came dressed like a Santa Claus and gave chocolates to my son.

Houses are very colourful in Luxembourg but dresses are mostly black and white. Get ready clothes in your closet will mostly be black and white if you shop from Luxembourg.

If you are a green panther then you are definitely going to enjoy your stay here as Luxembourg is surrounded by beautiful valleys, mountains, rivers, castles and landscapes. So buckle up to walk and shed some extra kilos as you also have to walk and run a lot if you are in Luxembourg. A great way to start a healthy lifestyle.

The public schools in Luxembourg not only maintains children  health but also look after theirs parents as parents need to drop their kids in morning ,bring them back for lunch and again drop them to school & pick them after school.   So much picking and dropping will obviously help parents in becoming strong and toned.

And if you are a night person then you might be a little disappointed because all the shops are closed by 6 in the evening. You see how Luxembourg makes this statement so relevant that “early bird catches worm”

At last I would like to mention  that even though  Luxembourg  is a very  small country with population of approximately 5.7 lakh, you won’t  feel lonely because of its multiculturalism.In my French class there are 20 students & all are from  different  parts of the world.Infact Luxembourg offers you the perfect platform to understand the diversified world.

No comments:

Post a Comment